About this course
Semi Permanent Make Up (machine method aka SPMU) is another one of the fastest growing treatments in the U.K, why not learn these great eyebrow, eye and lip enhancement techniques on our 3 day course plus 1 Day Assessment.
SPMU is a form of micropigmentation – the implantation of pigments into the dermal layer, that can either consist of make up for the lip, brow or eye area. Clients with over plucked brows, who suffer from thinning hair due to menopause or medication, really value having their brows enhanced in this way; thinning lips, reduced volume and lost definition can be enhanced with semi permanent make up; and eyes can be given a subtle or dramatic effect with eye liner treatments that won’t smudge and give you a youthful appearance.
This technique lasts around 2 – 3 years depending on skin type and chosen colour and correct aftercare followed.
As mentioned this 3 day Semi Permanent Make Up course is made up with 3 full days of practical Training, 1 day per treatment area eyes, brows and lips and a full day assessment day 12 weeks later. You will need to complete pre-study manuals prior to the course start date and in the 12 weeks prior to the assement date, complete 3 case studies on each treatment area following the course to be documented and handed in to gain a certificate after completion of the half day portfolio review & final assessment (model provided).
Here at MNB Beauty Training Academy, we believe that thorough training over the 3 days is needed to feel confident to work on paying members of the public whether you are new to the industry or have been involved with beauty for a number of years, you can not get the skills for this type of treatment from only doing 1- 2 days practical and theory course combined. On our course there is a lot of theory and knowledge to process but we are always on hand if you feel you are struggling and post course we have a support group you will be invited to, to post before and afters for tutor feedback and a forum for questions and answers.
During the 3 practical days you will work on practice skins and live models (models will be provided)
We only enrol 2 Students per course as we feel a more intimate enviroment will enable students to pick up these techniques to a higher standard.
There are no mandatory requirements for beginners however we do recommend that you do the Definition Brow Course that will help you with the brow mapping aspect of the Semi Permanent Make Up.
You can also just sit the individual days for just the Eyeliner Worshop or the Powder Brow Workshop or the Lip Liner and Blush Workshop. If interested please contact customer services on 0800 083 5195 to find out what days they will be running and in which location.
The SPMU Package includes:
All the training listed above over the 3 days with 1 assessment day 12 weeks later and a hand held Bio Touch Silvera machine.
What You’ll Learn
- Anatomy & Physiology: The skin and face.
- Health, Safety & Salon Hygiene: Your duty of care, regulations, licensing, sterilisation, disinfection & needle disposal.
- Client Consultation: Managing expectations, contraindications, record
- keeping, patch testing, medical issues to consider, pain control, after care and follow up treatments.
- Equipment: Getting to know your machine, needle choice, and additional equipment required for treatments, setting up your work area.
- Colour Theory: Identifying skin tones, choosing colours and tones, mixing colours, controlling colour performance in the skin, working on ethnic skin types.
- Pain Control: Legal options available.
- Perfect brow positioning: How to measure and position the brows using different brow mapping techniques on different face shapes.
- Lip Liner – Shaping and measuring lip lines, colour choice and application.
- Eyeliner – lash enhancement, upper liner.
- Client Care.
- Treatment application: Enhancing thin brows, creating natural hair strokes, colour blending. Practice on fake skins to learn about depth of implanting pigments.
- Aftercare and Aftercare products.
- Portfolio Preparation – what is expected of you, how to produce evidence for your portfolio.
- Insurance and Legal Requirements.
- Marketing – how to market your treatment to existing clients and attract new clients.
- Introduction to advanced workshops available upon completion of your basic SPMU Course. (Advanced workshops to be confirmed)
- Lunch is Provided
You can Include the half day A.C.T Fast Topical course for a discounted price of £299.99 which goes in-depth covering Health and Safety with First Aid, knowledge and application of legal anaesthetic creams and gives you access to a prescription order service and clinical oversight for each of your clients.
** MNB training academy is delivering this course in collaboration with UB Academy, London. **